Embracing comfort and confidence is essential for every woman, and one aspect that significantly contributes to this is finding the right bra fit. ...Read more
While many wear them everyday, not all bra-wearers can identify the parts of a bra when asked. At Fit Au Max, we feel that this is an important element of the statistic that 4 in 5 women wear the wrong size of bra. For your comfort and health, it’s vital to accurately measure your bra size and find bras that match your size as much as possible. Knowing the parts of a bra and what to look for in a bra is important when finding the best fit and size for self. With that in mind, let’s identify the parts of a bra.
- There are the straps and rings & sliders to adjust the length of the straps. These allow the cup fabric to lay in place. While they appear to carry the weight of the breasts, straps actually do not provide the main support (the band plays that role). Straps are important for comfort. When you are looking for a bra to wear all day long, you want to ensure it does not cut into your shoulder. For fuller bust women, It is important to choose a bra with wider straps for greater comfort. The sliders allow strap adjustment to suit your torso size. This is vital. Check your sliders regularly, as they can shift and stretch out after extended wear.
- The apex, which is the part of the cup that is attached to the shoulder strap. If the apex is insufficient, fuller bust women may experience discomfort. The bra cups and the straps may dig into the breast tissue.
- The cups: these could be lined or unlined. They may contain underwire or not. The cups encase the breasts. Cups can be further broken down into different pieces: the upper cup, under cup (sometimes known as the bottom cup), and the cup side, which depending on the cup size can provide side support to prevent the bust spilling outwards toward the armpits. The upper cup shapes the bust. It may contain elastic material near the top of the cup, to provide more flexibility with regard to size. This can be helpful if one breast is bigger than the other. Firm material provides more support than elastic, as you would imagine.
- Underwires are located inside the cups and they provide structure for the breasts. They support the bust. The underwire can be made of metal or molded plastic. Underwires are very common in large cup size bras, as they are essential for minimizing the appearance. You can even find underwires in supportive swimsuits designed for larger bra cup sizes.
- Center gore, also known as the bridge or center front. This is the band between the cups that holds the cups together. The center gore should lie flat against your sternum (your breastbone, located at the center of your rib cage), which is called ‘sinking’ or ‘tacking’. If the center gore is not stable, it is likely that this is the wrong bra size for you.
- Hooks and eyes to fasten the bra in place. The hooks and eyes are arranged in rows. The larger size bras typically have between 3 and 4 rows of hooks and eyes, for additional support. Some bras feature closures in the front of the bra, while some have other options of securing or adjusting.
- The cradle, also known as the frame, keeps the underwire and cups in place. The cradle is part of the band that runs beneath and around the breasts. Check the height of the cradle as a predictor of support. For larger bra cup sizes, a taller cradle will help keep the breasts in place.
- Bones are found between the cradle and the wings. Boning provides support for the breasts. Bones help in keeping the cups in place, and simultaneously creating a slimming effect with the bra band. All our bras at Fit Au Max contain the bones.
- The wings are attached to the cradles and they provide support and balance. The wing helps with bra stability. Make sure that the wings are comfortable in relation to where your breasts sit on your chest. Breasts that sit higher can sometimes mean that bra wings will cut into the wearer’s armpits.
- Bands are the combination of the center gore, the cradles, and the wings. The bands provide the majority of the support. They carry the weight of the breasts and ensure a perfect fit. The bottom edge of the band should fit snugly against the body, anchoring the entire bra to the body. Establishing the correct band size for your bra is a huge part of finding a comfortable bra. Not only does it obviously determine your band size, it is a part of measuring your cup size, when subtracted from your bust measurement.
Picking The Right Bra For Full Busted Women
Now that you have reviewed the parts of a bra’s anatomy, and which ones are important to ensure support, you may be wondering what type of bra is best for your shape and size.
It is strongly recommended that full-busted women wear full coverage bras with deep narrow cups for a perfect bra fit. Firm bands for boning provide better overall support, and balanced weight distribution. The thicker the band, the better.
It is highly recommended to rotate your bras to avoid overstretching the band. Luckily, with Fit Au Max Lingerie you can purchase a selection of affordable, supportive bras that look great without breaking the bank.
Check out a few of our affordable supportive bras:
Very good product
It was exactly what I ordered. Same way it looks in the picture. Nice product with prompt delivery.
I never thought I would find a bra that would not only fit my size but is also beautiful, I’m very happy and will definitely purchase again
Black lace panties are always in style! Luxurious,sophisticated, with matching lace bra! The fit is fantastic! So comfortable!
Comfortable-Fabulous fit! The red color and lace set me on fire for a midnight rendezvous with a lover!
They fit so well and comfortable! The lace fabric makes these panties so sophisticated and sexy for a night on the town.
Hot bright color and Super Sexy Panty with SATIN AND LACE.
Beautiful color, love the lace panel. Perfect with the matching bra!
Beautiful color and wonderful sturdy fit for girls like me with big girls (44G). Love the way this bra projects my breasts forward! Also bought the matching panties.
These panties are well made, fit great and are very sexy. Highly recommend
So beautiful. Perfect on me💕
These are very comfortable and fits fantastic. So soft, smooth and they stay in place with no hiking up. Best ones I own. Well made and easy to take care of. I wash and dry them all on delicate cycle and they've kept their fit and shape.
I had been searching for readily available Wiesmann bras in the USA for a while. This one has beautiful contrasting embroidery. The blue is a dark navy blue. I was surprised to find that the cups are foam lined below the lace that is on the top of each cup. These cups are narrow and sufficiently projected, which I love, since I have very projected breasts as a result of having large ultrahigh profile breast implants. I only wish it had been available in a 30J, but I was able to make it work with a sister size 32I. My one complaint is that there's not as much projection at the center/gore, causing some creasing and wrinkling on each side of the gore, but not a big deal. That, and the gore doesn't tack completely for me despite the size fitting well, but it tacks most of the way. This bra works well under T-shirts and tank tops if you are at a family event and do not want to show a lot of cleavage. I am looking forward to purchasing more Wiesmann products in the future.
These Keira Bikini Panties are as soft and comfy as they are beautiful and sexy! I bought them for my girlfriend and we both love them. The elastic is strong enough to hold them in place yet not so tight to be restrictive or annoying. The workmanship in the lace detail is gorgeous, and has held up perfectly through numerous washes and lots of work and play. Have I actually worn them? You bet, all day even, and she thinks I look just as hot and sexy wearing them as I think she does when she is wearing them! We love to share and trade panties and try out new ones, and these Wiesmann panties are some of our favorites.
These Salma Bikini Panties are as soft and comfy as they are beautiful and sexy! I bought them for my girlfriend and we both love them. The elastic is strong enough to hold them in place yet not so tight to be restrictive or annoying. The workmanship in the lace detail is gorgeous, and has held up perfectly through numerous washes and lots of work and play. Have I actually worn them? You bet, all day even, and she thinks I look just as hot and sexy wearing them as I think she does when she is wearing them! We love to share and trade panties and try out new ones, and these Wiesmann panties are some of our favorites.
In the realm of personal fashion and self-expression, few elements hold as much significance as the undergarments that lay the foundation for our d...Read more